|Temple University, an urban public research university with an international reach, has been creating knowledge, improving lives, and engaging the community for over 125 years. Temple's superb faculty and broad curriculum of over 300 academic programs provide superior educational opportunities for talented and motivated students without regard to their status or station in life. That tradition of access and excellence has made Temple's student body one of the most diverse in the nation. Temple's Main Campus in Philadelphia is the primary site of more than $500 million in construction and renovation. Benefiting from an increasing number of students eager for an urban university experience, Temple has become an increasingly vibrant center of student life.
Reporting to the Executive Director Leadership Gifts, the Majors Gifts Officer, Fox Business School is an integral member of the advancement team responsible for soliciting gifts of $100,000 and above to support the mission of the university.
The Major Gifts Officer will cultivate and manage relationships with new and prospective donors, including identifying, soliciting and stewarding donors through a technology-based moves management system. This person must be a highly energetic, organized and enthusiastic professional with a track record of building donor relationships, working collaboratively and strategically, with a strong knowledge of principles, ethics and practices of successful fundraising.
- Bachelor's degree and at least five years of higher education/alumni fundraising experience.
- Ability to travel and work evening and weekend hours.
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required with the ability to interact with a diverse group of individuals both inside and outside of the university.
- Proven ability to raise and close six- and seven-figure gifts.
- Demonstrated success with developing and sustaining relationships with key donors, volunteer leadership, and senior staff.
- Entrepreneurial skills in identifying donors and relationships.
- Demonstrated creativity and strategic thinking with the ability to take initiative and the willingness to learn.
- Superb writing skills.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Master's degree.
- Experience in a higher education setting.