|Temple University, an urban public research university with an international reach, has been creating knowledge, improving lives, and engaging the community for over 125 years. Temple's superb faculty and broad curriculum of over 300 academic programs provide superior educational opportunities for talented and motivated students without regard to their status or station in life. That tradition of access and excellence has made Temple's student body one of the most diverse in the nation. Temple's Main Campus in Philadelphia is the primary site of more than $500 million in construction and renovation. Benefiting from an increasing number of students eager for an urban university experience, Temple has become an increasingly vibrant center of student life.
This is an exceptional opportunity to create video productions, audio productions, and multimedia presentations in support of the marketing, public relations, recruiting, and fundraising efforts of the university. In this role, you will work with a team of Web developers, still photographers, and graphic designers and collaborate with schools, colleges, and administrative units across the university.
The ideal candidate must be able to take projects from initial concept; develop storylines and storyboards; provide creative direction on scene selection; and script to completion. Completed videos will be delivered to the university's audiences via a variety of media, such as TV broadcast, YouTube, WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, and iTunes U, as well as Temple University's website.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Expanding and maintaining Temple's video and audio presence in broadcast and via the Internet, using a mix of creative and professional skills.
- Translating content into multimedia products in formats, including video, audio, graphics, digital animations, and HTML.
- Applying the university's brand identity to all appropriate aspects of multimedia.
- Participating with team in developing creative concepts and ideas for specific projects.
- Producing short videos; developing story lines, planning, writing, setting up lighting, shooting, recording (audio), editing, selecting appropriate music, mixing, and performing all related production activities.
- Bachelor's degree in digital media communications, cinematography, video production, or related field.
- 4 years of professional experience in video and digital media production.
- Ability to capture compelling footage and find the narrative thread that builds the story whether it's a 30-second commercial spot or an 8-minute documentary piece for the Web.
- Technical proficiency in current digital video, audio, and graphic software tools such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, and DVD studio Pro.
- Hands-on experience with field and studio production set-up, including lighting, camera placement, and audio capture; and knowledge of Web-based digital media concepts, including compression technologies, aspect ratios, file formats, etc.
- Experience with different codecs (h264) for best Web distribution optimization and understands accessibility standards to adhere to WCAG AA 2.0 and 508 guidelines.
- Familiarity with managing digital assets and syndicating content in a content management system.
To qualify for an interview, candidates must provide at least three links to online sample videos/reels.